Tuesday 7 October 2014

Upton and Ranworth

The forecast was pretty good for today so with lunch packed and Hamish in the car we set off for Upton.  We stopped at the church on our way to the dyke …

IMG_2151

After parking the car we began the walk down the side of the dyke to the River Bure.  It was quite windy but the sun was out most of the time.  When we reached the end I sat Hamish on the bench.  The last time we were here Mike had sat in the same place – memories …

IMG_2155P4220051

Hamish was quite pleased to be going back …

IMG_2161

I don’t think there can be any yachts out on hire as the moorings were pretty full …

IMG_2162

Back on the road again and we made for Ranworth.  It was time for lunch and luckily there was a parking place for me on the Staithe   After I’d eaten we had a walk around the moorings and I fed the ducks while watching a group getting ready to go on a trip …

IMG_2165IMG_2168IMG_2166IMG_2167

After a quick look around the shop and another fridge magnet purchased (I’ll be needing an extra fridge for all my magnets!), we set off again heading for Woodbastwick.  I stopped outside the church for a photo or two …

IMG_2175IMG_2171IMG_2172IMG_2174

No more stops today so after carrying on through Wroxham and back to Ludham Bridge we arrived back at the site.  Unfortunately for one of the vans it had been just that bit too windy for the half-awning which had been blown off its poles and over the roof …

IMG_2181

Thankfully for them it didn’t rain or their chairs would have been soaked!

No comments: