Thursday 2 October 2014

Hickling, Stalham & Womack

It was another beautiful morning when I took Hamish for his walk by the river …

IMG_2040

After breakfast and studying the map I decided to visit Hickling as a starting place today.  I parked in the Pleasure Boat Inn car park, bought myself a coffee and sat out in the sunshine to watch the activities on the water.  It’s pretty quiet in this neck of the woods as large cruisers can’t get above Potter Heigham but a rowing boat arrived and a couple of yachts were preparing to go for a sail. 

IMG_2045

After coffee we walked to the Broad which looked amazing in the sunshine …

IMG_2049IMG_2048

Back to the car, map checked and we were off to find the church at Hickling.  It was beautifully kept and was lovely to walk around.

IMG_2051IMG_2050

I needed to go to Stalham for a quick top-up in Tesco and then I moved on to the Staithe for lunch.  The clouds were building and looked quite threatening but it was very pleasant …

IMG_2055IMG_2056IMG_2060

On our way back to the site we pass the entrance to Womack Water.  I thought I’d have a look and was surprised at how many cars were parked - thankfully there was a space for me.  We sat and did some people-watching before going for a walk along the lane …

IMG_2067IMG_2070IMG_2072

1 comment:

PamelaB said...


Great to have my Broadband working at last. I have enjoyed reading your blog, lovely photos.