Friday 3 October 2014

Horning

Took Hamish for his regular morning walk by the river and what should I spy on my return but Broadland Mars moored just upriver of the bridge.  I think the lady on board wondered why I was photographing her!

IMG_2074

I had a lazy morning sorting out waste water etc and topping up the tank with fresh water, caught up with my blog and read my book.  After lunch Hamish and I went into Horning where I bought myself a delicious red gooseberry ice-cream and sat by the river to eat it.  I got chatting with a couple who used to own a yacht but now have a motor cruiser moored at Horning.  It was a very pleasant way to spend an hour in the sunshine.  A river cruiser – Cirrus – came steaming past …

IMG_2075

It was soon time to return to the car but not before I grabbed a couple of shots from the green by the sailing club …

IMG_2076IMG_2077

We then moved on to the car park at Horning church.  A funeral had just finished so there were loads of cars parked but luckily there was one little space for me!

We walked down the track to the river and just as I arrived Cirrus shot past me again …

IMG_2078

Water Lily was moored here and two chaps were fishing but I didn’t see them catch anything while I was there.  I sat on the bench and watched a few boats pass by then Butterbump came up river …

IMG_2079IMG_2080IMG_2081

We walked back to the church and had a wander around looking at graves.  I found one which I hoped was on my tree so took a photo just in case …

IMG_2083IMG_2082IMG_2084IMG_2087

Time to move on again and return to the site.  It was warm and sunny so Hamish and I sat outside while I enjoyed a welcome cuppa.  When I took him for his evening walk there was a lovely sunset …

IMG_2088

No comments: