Saturday 27 September 2014

Off to Norfolk for an Autumn Break

The motor home left Cornwall for Bedfordshire at the end of the kids’ summer holiday and so I set off from home with Hamish in the Mini. After two nights in Luton three vehicles made their way across to the Norfolk Broads Caravan Club site which will be my base for the next three weeks. Jamie and Phill helped me set up camp and then they booked into the Travelodge at Acle. In the evening we went to the Wayford Bridge Hotel for a meal. It’s a place we normally like visiting but I doubt we’ll be eating there again. It’s been completely refurbished and quite frankly I wasn’t impressed. The walls were covered in shiny white tiles which made it look like a public toilet!! There was no link to the area ie the Broads as there were airplanes hanging from the ceiling! The food is now very expensive – it was okay but nothing spectacular. The best part of the evening was meeting up with our friends Steve and Lisa who were accompanied by Steve’s son and his girlfriend. We sat in the lounge and had a lovely long catch-up on news. It was quite foggy in places as the boys dropped me back at the site.

No comments: