Tuesday 30 September 2014

Irstead and Barton Turf

It wasn’t long this morning before the sun broke through and we were promised a beautiful day. 

IMG_1936

With a packed lunch sorted and the car packed I drove us to Irstead Staithe via Horning and Neatishead.  Hamish and I settled down to watch the world go by, reading and eating.  Several people made a fuss of my boy and we enjoyed the peace and quiet of the moorings.

IMG_1941IMG_1942IMG_1948IMG_1946

After lunch we moved on to Barton church where I was hoping to find some graves with the name Allard on them.  Unfortunately I was unsuccessful but it was a lovely church and Hamish and I had a good look round …

IMG_1967IMG_1972IMG_1971IMG_1974

From here we moved on to Barton Turf Staithe which was remarkably quiet.  A couple of people were fishing and a private boat was moored.

IMG_1980IMG_1978IMG_1975IMG_1983

I’d been online and found that I should get signal here so that I could use my 3 dongle and thankfully it worked well.  I sat in the car with my laptop and got three days of blogging done!

Hamish had been a bit neglected in the walking department today so after a quick cuppa back at the RV we went for a walk by the river.  The sun was just going down as we got back to the moorings …

IMG_1988

No comments: