Wednesday 27 September 2006

Fourth Day

Got up at 7am this morning to get a photo of the sunrise.


We had a visit from a family of swans looking for breakfast ...


This morning we were going up to Stalham and when we arrived we had an empty Staithe which was great. Since our last visit to Norfolk I have become very interested in Family History and found that my great great Grandfather was born in Stalham and was a Waterman. Now I know why I keep being drawn back to this area - it's in my genes! We walked over to the church as I was hoping to find a gravestone for one of my Southgate ancestors but I was disappointed.

So it was back to Bure Classic and off to Sutton Staithe ...


where we had a short stop for a snooze although Hamish is always alert!



Then it was on to Neatishead where were going to spend the night. It was very windy across Barton Broad so we motored over. Moored up at the Staithe ...


Hamish on guard duty as usual!


No comments: